ABOUT THE TUGALOO RIVER
Tugaloo River Corridor comprises the only remaining untamed portion of the historic Tugaloo River. The Corridor extends 10 miles from Panther Creek and the Yonah Dam area south to Broken Bridges at Georgia Hwy 123 and Lake Hartwell. This area is rich with history and natural beauty and provides a wonderful backdrop for a "good paddle"!
The river is a flat paddle with a class 1 area of rapids coming away from the first launch at Yonah Dam. It is easy and provides lots of opportunities for you to enjoy scenic views of an unspoiled environment.
ABOUT THE WATER TRAIL
At long last it's official! The Tugaloo River is now a designated Water Trail as a part of the Georgia Water Trail Network and that means:
- We have fulfilled certain criteria that ensure the trail is maintained and promoted by a local entity or partnership;
- Trail has public access that paddlers can safely unload boats and park vehicles; access sites that are appropriately spaced apart so that they may be reasonably paddled in a few hours or a full day;
- There is public information provided about the water trail through a website and illustrative maps;
- And signage/ kiosks at all water trail access points that include: river etiquette and paddling safety information, and a map of the water trail.
The Tugaloo River Water Trail is made possible through the effort, cooperation and generous support of the following:
- The Stephens County Foundation
- Georgia Power
- Stephens County
- Main Street Toccoa
- U.S. Army Corp. of Engineers -- Lake Hartwell
- Toccoa-Stephens County Chamber of Commerce
- The Georgia River Network
AND YOU, the public!
With your help, we hope to continue to develop, improve and maintain our water trail for YOUR enjoyment AND the enjoyment of YOUR fellow paddlers. To that end, please consider purchasing a Tugaloo River Water Trail dri fit t-shirt!
MENS -- WOMENS -- YOUTH SIZES AVAILABLE
Performance tee with moisture-wicking technology to keep you cool, dry and comfortable.
PRE-ORDER BY JUNE 20th
(we will email you about pick-up options)
$25 EACH ($28 for 2XL)
Proceeds benefit the Stephens County Foundation in support of the Tugaloo River Water Trail.
Take your adventure to the water for a good paddle!
Follow our paddle guide to learn about points of interest along the Tugaloo River Water Trail. Please check back soon for an updated map and guide.
$30 per day
$20 per day
(2 or more vessels)
Site descriptions coming soon....